The object are as follows:
To establish an organization of young people for the
- Promotion and advancement of Yoga and its applications.
- Maintaining and promoting the different Indian Yoga traditions.
- To provide extensive research facilities for carrying fundamental and clinical research in the discipline of Yoga and its applications keeping in view the socio-economic needs of all sections of IFYP.
- To hold conferences, seminars, workshops, camps and public meetings to propagate information and knowledge of Yoga, its various techniques and practice in various parts of India as well as abroad.
- To provide extensive research facilities for carrying fundamental and clinical research in the discipline of Yoga and its applications keeping in view the socio-economic needs of all sections of the IFYP.
- To co-ordinate with the Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India, State Governments in India, Yoga Institutions in India and other countries, Embassy of India in all countries and Embassy of other Countries in India for Accreditation and affiliation of Yoga Institutions, Yoga Teachers, including prescribing of basic requirements for teaching, practice and affiliation of Yoga Teachers and Institutions.
- To conduct experiments and research on emerging trends in Yoga.
- To develop techniques and approaches based on the ancient Yoga texts and granthas of Yoga to meet the challenges of the modern era.
- Development and dissemination of new approaches to the practice, teaching and research of yoga.
- To prescribe different courses for imparting education and training in Yoga; to prescribe syllabus and curriculum for various Yoga education, therapy and training courses and programmes; also to prescribe guidelines to carry out research in Yoga and its applications at various levels.
- IFYP may take such steps as may be necessary in pursuance of and in furtherance of its aim and objectives including but not limited to:-
- Undertaking and promoting Yoga and its applications by establishing, promoting, managing, recognizing and affiliating institutions.
- Taking such steps as may be necessary to maintain and promote the different traditions and schools of Yoga.
- Establishment of libraries and the publishing of authoritative textual editions of the ancient texts of Yoga.
- Promotion of research in all aspects of Yoga by individuals and institutions.
- Institution of awards, fellowships, scholarships, stipends, etc. for students in order to facilitate all kinds of research in Yoga.
- To set standards for Yoga courses, in particular to the course content, duration, eligibility, method of assessment and certification.
- To prescribe eligibility criteria, qualifications and requirements of other parameters required for appointment, promotion and disciplinary action in respect of Yoga Teachers, Instructors, Demonstrators, Lecturers, Readers, Professors, Research Scholars, etc.
- Grant of accreditation and affiliation to institutions offering short and long term educational, training and therapy courses in Yoga.
- Taking such steps as may be necessary to persue the Central Government, State Governments, Union Territories in India and Governments in foreign countries to accept the various standards prescribed by the IFYP with respect to Education, Training, Therapy and Research in Yoga; affiliation, appointment of teachers and any other issues relating thereto.
- Publication of such research journals, popular magazines, books, monographs, reports as may be required to disseminate information and knowledge about yoga through all available media.
- Development of a digitized database on yoga.
- Organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, lectures, camps and exhibitions on yoga.
- Coordination and integration of the activities of the various schools and Institutions of Yoga within and outside India.
- Establishment of branches of IFYP within and outside India.
- Acquisition by purchase, lease or otherwise of land, offices, laboratories and related facilities for the proper discharge of functions of IFYP.
- Borrowing or raising of funds against securities or otherwise from time to time for the purposes of the IFYP upon such terms and conditions as may be deemed reasonable.
- Receipt of grants-in-aid from the Government/s, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests and transfers of properties both movable and immovable from donors, benefactors, testators, charitable institutions, trusts, corporate world, companies, institutes, individuals etc., as the case may be.
- Acquisition and disposal of movable and immovable properties in any manner.
- To do all such other acts as may be necessary to further the objects specified in Article 3.
(i) The other programs and projects can be in the field of:-
(a) Educational:- to run colleges, school, institutions, maintain or assist any educational or other institution for coaching, guidance, counseling or vocational training or to grant individual scholarship for poor, deserving and needy students for elementary and higher education.
(b) Medical:- to run maintain or assist any medical institution, nursing home or clinics or to grant assistance to needy and indigent persons for meeting the cost of medical treatment.
(c) Relief to the poor:- to give financial or other assistance in kind by way of distribution of Food, books, notebooks, cloths, uniforms, or means for the poor and indigent and to the persons suffer due to natural calamities.
(d) Other objects of general public utility:- Welfare of girl child, women, creating awareness in any field; provision of medical, education, legal aid/assistance to the needy and deserving persons, counseling and aid/assistance to differently able person, family welfare activities, health facilities, environment protection, prevention of cruelty against animals, development of social harmony; spiritual, yoga, meditation or any other subject as the board of directors may decide with the collaboration with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education (HRD), Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Social Welfare, Ministry of Labour etc. from time to time.